When I will get the android 4.1 Jelly Bean update on my Galaxy S3? Galaxy Nexus owners have already started to receive the “Jelly Bean” update but still no official statement that when Galaxy S3 will get this latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade. If your Rooted Galaxy s3 installed CWM Recovery (Tutorial How to Root Galaxy S3), then you can Flash the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S3. But Most of this latest ROM still in the testing stage (Beta Releases) and still has a lot of Bug. So, this ROM which was develop based on the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean such as AOPK and CM10 still not suitable for daily use.
Here is another ROM from , ROM RGUI V9.1. This ROM is Based on XXBLG6 which is the Samsung latest firmware. This ROM has a lot of Android 4,1 Jelly Bean Applications, Wallpapers and Animation. So if you want to taste some of the Android Jelly Bean features on your Galaxy S3, then you can follow the tutorial as below to flash ROM RGUI V9.1 into your Galaxy S3:
Here is the ROM RGUI V9.1. features:
V9.1 add-ons pack for smoothness, just of 255kb
1. Based on XXBLG6
2. Added Universal Search box
3. updated Su
4. Updated light manager
5. Updated Maps
6. LFB Modem
7. Transaparent Status notification
8. Stock kernel with init.d support
Themed JB apps :
1. JB animation
5. video player
7. Music player
- Added Volume button music skip mod
- Added crt-off animation
- Disable wake up on volume buttons
- Updated Maps, Youtube to latest version
- Added Jelly Bean Play Store
- Added Jelly Bean Wallapeprs
- Added Home lag Fix
- Samsung Camera HX-MOD v1.4 by hyperX
- Fixed Cell standby battery drain
- hacked mms.apk ( from LF6, I dont liked new layout of LFB )
- black themed file manager.
- Updated Su binary
- Increased notifications,ringtone,speaker volume
- Disabled non market app restriction by default.
- Stock kernel with init.d support
- TW Launcher redraw is minimised by the modified services.jar
- Disabled scrolling cache
- Enabled Call recording thanks to wanam
- Removed sms log from call log thanks to wanam
- Added 4way reboot
- Removed keyguard and other security policies from email app
- init.d script support
- Tweaks for Sqlite optimisation
- Increased touchscreen sensitivity
- Zipalign apps at boot
- Tweaks for smoother scrolling
- Removed bloatware apps
- tweaked kernel governors
- New live wallpaper
- Proximity sensor tweak, minimized duration of black screen before call screen appears
- Minimized duration between two rings
- tweaks for wireless connectivity
Here is Tutorial on How To Flash ROM RGUI V9.1- GT i9300.
Note: Normally, we need to do full wipe (wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition,advanced> wipe Dalvik Cache) before install new custom ROM into Galaxy S3. This is prevent Galaxy S3 stuck at boot screen or lot of message prompt (slowing down performance) after completely flash new ROM.
But, here, I try to flash ROM RGUI V9.1 ROM into Galaxy S3 without Do full wipe (wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition,advanced> wipe Dalvik Cache). As results, I found it also work fine and stable. All the data and installed application in my Galaxy 3 still remain after complete flash ROM RGUI V9.1.
Touch ClockworkMod V6.0 support touch screen selection, so here, i use the Touch ClockworkMod. V6.0 to flash Energy ROM into Galaxy S3.
Step 1: Download ROM RGUI V9.1 ROM For Galaxy S3- File: RGUI_GT-I9300_V9.zip (no need unzip) and and V9 smoothness fix.zip (no need unzip), Then put into Galaxy S3 SD Card storage.
Download RGUI_GT-I9300_V9.zip and V9 smoothness fix.zip: Link (Rom Developer
Step 2: Download and Installed Touch ClockworkMod recovery V6.0 (Link: Download and Tutorial how to Install).
Step 3:Power Off your Galaxy S3.
Step 4: Press Galaxy S3 Volume Up Button + Power Button +Home Button until boot into CWM Recovery Mode. (What is CWM Recovery Mode?)
Step 5: Touch to Select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”
Step 6: Select ROM RGUI V9.1.zip from sdcard and select choose zip from sdcard. Select “ Yes –Install ROM RGUI V9.1.zip ”. The installation process is start now.
Step 7: Follow the step 5 and step 6 to install “V9 smoothness fix.zip”.
Step 8:ROM RGUI V9.1 ROM and V9 smoothness fix.zip now completely flash into your Galaxy s3 . Reboot your galaxy S3 once the installation Complete. That’s All!
If your Galaxy S3 phone has some problem after flash new custom ROM. then you can refer tutorial here on how to solve this issues.