Created page with "Procedure of installing CyanogenMod 10.0.0 on Samsung GT-I9000 Galaxy S mobile phone. This method was tested on a Samsung Galaxy S mobile phone which could not go into ''D..."
Procedure of installing CyanogenMod 10.0.0 on [[Samsung GT-I9000 Galaxy S]] mobile phone. This method was tested on a Samsung Galaxy S mobile phone which could not go into ''Download Mode'' and the method on CyanogenMod's Wiki was not working on it. So, this is the procedure how CyanogenMod 10.0 was installed. The mobile phone was tested afterwards and works 100%!
* [[Samsung download mode usb jig]] if 3-button download mode does not work.
* Device drivers for mobile phone (all-in-one rar file contains or just install [[Samsung Kies]])
== Procedure ==
'''''Note: '''''There is an installation manual on CyanogenMod Wiki, but it does not work on some Samsung Galaxy S mobile phones.: The phone reboots again and again after flashing ''ClockworkMod Recovery'' using ''Heimdall''. This manual uses an another, 100% working method for installing ''ClockworkMod Recovery''.
=== 1. Download neccessary files ===
* Device drivers: you can use the drivers from the all-in-one rar file, or install Samsung Kies: http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/
* All-in-one package (ClockworkMod Recovery, CyanogenMod 10.0.0, Official Samsung XXJW4 firmware, Google Apps Package, Samsung Odin, usb drivers) ''unrar the files only once from the compressed rar file, do not unrar the files in the different folders!''
* '''2.1''' Close Samsung Kies from taskbar (it could interrupt the flashing process)
* '''2.2''' Start phone in ''Download Mode'': Press an hold volume down and home button at the same time, and while those buttons are pressed, turn on phone. (In most of the case) phone will turn on in ''Download Mode''. IF phone does not tun on in ''Download Mode'', you need to use a [[Samsung download mode usb jig]]! For more information about Samsung GT-I9000 Galaxy S Download Mode visit [[Samsung GT-i9000 Galaxy S download mode]] wiki page!
* '''2.3''' Connect phone to computer with USB cable. Wait until all the drivers are installed! (The drivers are located in the ''Samsung Mobile Phones USB Drivers'').
* '''2.4''' Run ''Samsung Odin3'' (Samsung Odin3 v1.85\Samsung Odin3 v 1.85.exe). Odin3 will recognize phone: in ''ID:COM'' field the port appears
** '''2.4.1''' Click on ''PDA'' button, then select ''Official Samsung firmware for GT-I9000 Galaxy S I9000XWJW5 I9000OXXJVC XEH\JW5_JVC_JW4.tar'' file
** '''2.4.2''' Click on ''Phone Bootloader Update'' if it is needed. (If 3-button download mode does not work on phone, or phone does not turn on etc...) '''Important:''' If you have custom bootloader on your phone, updating bootloader could brick your phone! Always check your custom bootloader provider's website before updating.
** '''2.4.3''' Check if Odin3 recognized phone: Connection port should appear in ''ID:COM'' field. If not recognized, try to use an another USB port, or install drivers again or reboot computer or reinstall Samsung Kies.
** '''2.4.4''' Click ''Start'' button. Odin3 starts the flashing procedure, it will update phone software and when everything finished, phone will reboot, and you will see ''PASS'' written in the top left box. If you get ''FAIL'' message, remove phone from cable, remove / insert battery and repeat the flashing procedure again.
** '''2.4.5''' Remove phone from USB cable, turn it on completely then turn it off. Close Odin3.
=== 3. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery ===
Now we will root and install ''ClockworkMod Recovery'' on phone. (This lets you install custom ROMs like CyanogenMod on phone.) Make sure that your phone has XXJW4 firmware, it will not work with any other firmware! If you completed the previous section ''(2. Flash XXJW4 firmware)'' than your phone has the right firmware.
* '''3.1''' Start phone in ''Download Mode''. (For more info on Download Mode see section ''2. Flash XXJW4 firmware'' or visit [[Samsung GT-i9000 Galaxy S download mode]] wiki page!)
* '''3.2''' Connect phone to the computer with USB cable, wait until the drivers are installed.
* '''3.3''' Run ''Samsung Odin3 v 1.85.exe''
** '''3.3.1''' Click on ''PDA'' button, then select ''ClockworkMod Recovery\CF-Root-XX_OXA_JW4-v4.4-CWM3RFS.tar'' file. Do not click on any other checkboxes.
** '''3.3.2''' Click on ''Start''button to start the flashing process.
** '''3.3.3''' Samsung Odin3 will flash the files. Wait until ''PASS'' appears on the top left corner, and phone restarts. If you get ''FAIL'' message, remove phone from cable, remove / insert battery and repeat the flashing procedure again.
** '''3.3.4''' You can remove phone from cable. Now your phone is rooted and ClockworkMod is installed! Turn on phone.
=== 4. Install CyanogenMod ===
CyanogenMod will be installed using the custom ClockworkMod Recovery we just flashed on the phone. Here is the process step-by-step:
* '''4.1''' Turn on phone and connect it to the computer with USB cable as ''Mass Storage''.
* '''4.2''' Copy ''CyanogenMod 10.0.0 for Samsung GT-I9000 Galaxy S\cm-10.0.0-galaxysmtd.zip'' file to phone's drive's root.
* '''4.3''' Remove phone from computer, and turn the phone off.
* '''4.4''' Start the phone in ''Recovery Mode'' by pressing ''Volume up'' and ''Home'' buttons and while pressing those, turn on the phone.
* '''4.5''' ClockworkMod Recovery will start. In the menu you can use volume buttons to move up / down and Home button to enter / select. Now you can make a backup of your existing Android system by selecting ''backup and restore''.
* '''4.6''' Select ''wipe data/factory reset'' to erase phone contents
* '''4.7''' Choose ''Install zip from SD card'', then ''choose zip from sdcard'', then select ''cm-10.0.0-galaxysmtd.zip'' file you just copied to the root of the phone. Then confirm that you really want to flash this file.
* '''4.8''' The installation could take several minutes. When the flashing process finished, return to the main menu and select reboot system now.
* '''4.9''' Now phone will boot in CyanogenMod. The first boot can take several minutes (even 10-15!), be patient! After the first start, it is recommended to restart the phone.
=== 5. Install Google Apps (optional) ===
CyanogenMod does not comes with Google Applications (Google Play Store, Google Account) so it should be installed afterwards. The installation process is similar to the installation of the CyanogenMod.
* '''5.1''' Turn on phone and connect it to the computer with USB cable as ''Mass Storage''.
* '''5.2''' Copy ''Google Apps Package for CyanogenMod 10.0.x\gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip'' file to phone drive's root.
* '''5.3''' Remove phone from computer, and turn the phone off.
* '''5.4''' Start the phone in ''Recovery Mode'' by pressing ''Volume up'' and ''Home'' buttons and while pressing those, turn on the phone.
* '''5.5''' ClockworkMod Recovery will start. In the menu you can use volume buttons to move up / down and Home button to enter / select.
* '''5.6''' Choose ''Install zip from SD card'', then ''choose zip from sdcard'', then select ''gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip'' file you just copied to the root of the phone. Then confirm that you really want to flash this file.
* '''5.7''' When the flashing process finished, return to the main menu and select reboot system now.
* '''5.8''' Check if the ''Play Store'' app is on the phone. Now you can use that to download and install applications.
* '''5.9''' The flashing of the phone completely done. Now you have a rooted phone with ClockworkMod recovery and CyanogenMod 10.0.0 ROM.
== Possible errors ==
; Phone does not boot in recovery mode : Install ROM manager app on phone and use the built-it recovery mode reboot. '''OR''' Flash XXJW4 firmware again on phone with bootloader update.
; Google Play Store does not start / freezes : Start phone in recovery mode, and clear cache / clear dalvik cache.
== Download links ==
Other download links to needed firmwares / ROMs / softwares: